THIS FORM IS FOR independent photographers, visual artists, and artist-led collectives (who are not associated with any organizations or companies) who would like to present their work outdoors. For those selected, Photoville will produce their exhibition, in addition to providing a modest honorarium.
Exhibitions could be displayed in various ways: A PhotoCube, PhotoTriangle, a linear photo banner installed on a structure, and other outdoor presentations that are weather & people proof. Sizes fluctuate depending on location and project.
The Photoville team will decide on the ideal location for each exhibition based on where the artist and/or organization is based, among other considerations.
Outdoor Exhibitions will be installed this fall and we will use QR technology for visitors to link back to digital content and provide more information on the artists and partners.
Please note that submission of this proposal form does not guarantee inclusion to Photoville 2021 but it is an important and necessary step towards evaluating each proposal and reaching a final decision.
PLEASE NOTE FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- There are unavoidable costs associated with organizing an outdoor event as large in scale as Photoville in New York City. We work very hard each year to create a community event and a platform for organizations, curators and artists to reach a very large and diverse audience — and to keep it completely free and open to the public.
- For 2021, Photoville is committed to subsidize the costs for independent visual artists and collectives that do not have institutional support. In addition to covering the production costs, Photoville will also pay an honorarium to the artists (amount will vary and are dependent on the number of artists we will be supporting)
- For non-profit organizations and commercial entities, (or artists who are sponsored by such organizations) a financial or in-kind contribution will be assessed for each individual exhibition proposal and range from $2,000 – $20,000 (potentially more for commercial sponsors) PLEASE FILL IN THIS FORM.
- The costs associated with the production of the Photoville Festival are significant, and we ask all our partners to contribute to this effort, which only covers a fraction of what Photoville actually costs to run. The partner contributions cover 27% of the total Photoville budget. The remaining 73% is covered by sponsorships, donations, and grants.
- For those contributing online programming, talks, workshops and interactive games – there will be no contribution fee for artists, collectives and non-profits. Fees for commercial partners will be determined on a case by case basis. PLEASE FILL IN THIS FORM.
We work with each of our partners individually and if your project is identified as a good fit for Photoville 2021, we will reach out before the end of May, to discuss it in more detail.
Once again, the Photoville Team will be accepting proposals through April 30, 2021.
Applications will be considered in the order they are received and spaces are limited so we suggest submitting your proposal at your earliest convenience. We will respond to potential partners from now through late May (or until all spaces are filled).
If you have any questions – please do not hesitate to contact the Photoville team via email: [email protected]
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot offer feedback on individual proposals that are not selected.