[ PHOTOVILLE EDUCATION DAY ]
Thursday, Sept 19, 2019
School Day Session: 10am – 1:30pm
After-School Session: 4pm – 6pm
Registration for Education Day 2019 will open shortly. To participate in year-round Education activities, please sign up for our mailing list.
Produced by United Photo Industries with support from our Education partners PhotoWings
[ FIELD TRIP ACTIVITIES ]
1. Artist-led Exhibition Tours
Your students will tour a range of exhibitions (covering a diverse range of photographic styles and subject matter) with guidance and insight directly from the photographers and curators.
2. Youth Photo Panels
Your students will learn from their peers in panel discussions featuring youth photographers from programs across the city. Participating panelists include students from the Bronx Documentary Center, International Center of Photography Community Programs, JustArts at the Brownsville and Red Hook Community Justice Centers, NYU Future Imagemakers, Red Hook Labs, United Nations International School, and X-Posure at The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center.
3. Teacher Development & Resources
Teachers may participate in a one-day professional development workshop on incorporating photography across subjects. The workshop will take place in October (date TBD). View existing lesson plans & resource guides here.
[ VOLUNTEER ]
- Tour Guides – Each volunteer will have 10 students, ushering them between exhibitions, to youth panels and lunch. We will have an orientation session and you will be interacting with our curators, artists and presenters.
- Youth Photography Panel Assistant
- Check-In Assistant
- Exhibition Floaters
We’re looking for volunteers who:
- Enjoy working with local students, middle school to high school range.
- Are interested in arts education and community art initiatives.
- Want to learn how artists describe their practice to a young audience.
Do you have any special talent or skill that you think Photoville can benefit from? Fill out our volunteer questionnaire and we’ll be in touch soon!