Landing rock photography gigs and working with editors
– What makes a great rock photographer
– The Portfolio: making an impression with tools like SquareSpace, Virb, Blurb and Pina Zangaro
– How to get your work in front of an editor
– The Pitch: how to land a paid gig
– Hold their attention: how to keep getting gigs
– Best practices for keeping in contact with editors
Justina Villanueva is a NYC based music photographer. She has been published in the Village Voice, Decibel, High Times, NY Press, Maximum Rock n Roll and Metal Hammer UK.
Polly Watson is an NYC-based editor, writer, and musician, whose clients include Artforum, Elle, Simon & Schuster, and Bazillion Points. She was until recently the entertainment editor at High Times, for whom she continues to write.